The Repair Process
There’s a lot more to the Repair Process than you might think.
Grouped below are some of the steps involved in the repair process.
Some common steps to begin the repair process are:
- Perform a thorough damage assessment
- Examine the critical safety systems of your vehicle
- Explain all repair details and answer any questions
- Help with your insurance claims process
Tasks to get your vehicle ready for repair include:
- Wash the vehicles exterior and repair area
- Complete any disassembly needed
- Review original estimate
- Review parts and materials needed
Steps to prepare for refinishing include:
- Removing the original layers of paint
- Straightening the frame and welding the new panels in place
- Removing dents, sanding and filling with body-repair material
- Taking steps to protect against corrosion
Typical steps for refinishing are:
- Vehicle is covered for protection
- A primer is applied to guarantee good adhesion of paint
- The primer is sanded and cleaned for a smooth finish
- Paint is mixed using digital or manual color tools
- Color coat is applied to your vehicle
- Finally, a clear coat is applied
Some of the final steps include:
- Once the finish is approved, final trim pieces are installed
- Interior is cleaned and vacuumed
- Exterior body, wheels and tires are washed
- Vehicle is inspected to ensure your satisfaction
Your vehicle is ready for the road.
At the time of delivery we will provide you with a complete copy off all your paperwork and collect any out of pocket expenses or insurance deductibles.
Hopefully you will never need us again, but if you do, remember your experience with Arrowhead Auto Body.